Sunday, March 1, 2009

“In the course of a life time, what does it matter?”

Not too long ago I found that quote.
I had written it down from a book I read in middle school.
I’d completely forgotten about the quote, until about a month or so ago when I found it.


Ever since I rediscovered the amazingness of that quote, I cannot keep from thinking about it.
I hear so many people stressing and worrying about so many mundane and unimportant things, and it makes me sick.
I’m so tired of people just wasting away, looking for the next thing to keep them happy. With nothing in there life having meaning, or substance.
I mean, come on people.
In the course of a life time, what does it really matter?
Most of it doesn’t matter, not at all.
For now maybe it does.
But when I look back at my life I don’t want to think “I just wasted so much of my time.” Time is a precious thing, as you all know. We only have so much, and once it’s gone, there’s no getting it back.
I catch myself saying things like “this is a waste of my time” in a somewhat joking manner.
But sometimes, it isn’t a joking matter at all.
So much time is wasted, it seems like no one knows what actually matters any more.


And I’m not saying every single second of every single day you should constantly worry about wasting your time, or what is going to matter in the long run. But think about it.


Don’t get so caught up in stupid things that in the course of your life time it is not going to matter at all. That’s basically what I’ve been trying to say though all of this.





Maybe I’m completely out on a limb here and all alone in these thoughts, but I’d thought I’d share them.
And hope I don’t end up looking like a total idiot.


yeah
kbye

1 comment:

  1. You're completely right. No one will respect life until they really LIVE it...and I strive to do that. Strive to be what you see as beautiful in others...make a unique soul out of oneself through your observations. You have such a beautiful soul already, and a charming one...don't let anything pass you by, dear.

    ReplyDelete